Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I met up with my friend Viktor last night, who I know because he studied at Toronto last year. He’s been in Berlin this summer with an internship at the German foreign office. After going to a bar in right outside of Mitte, where we enjoyed the German special of light wheat beers mixed with either raspberry or some green flavor syrup, we went into Prenzlberg. On our way there, we met a guy from California, who was on his way to work at a club in the same area we were going. After parting ways with him, Viktor told me we were going to go to a hole in the wall that he’s fond of because it sells beer on Sundays. We walked for a while, glad it was no longer raining. Just as we were walking past some scaffolding, Viktor said, “It’s right here.” It was literally a hole in the wall. Imagine a break in the scaffolding to allow for an entrance, and then a shabby walk-up window selling only beer. It was hilarious-- I was imagining a dive bar, and he literally meant a hole in the wall.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Great story!!
I love you.

3LABCAB said...

I'm sitting here drinking a Belgian-sytle wheat beer made right here in Maine! It's Allagash White - directions on the bottle - Pour, Swirl up the yeast, Pour in the yeast, Drink! So fun to be able to keep up on your adventures; never knew you had a blog. Love Ya! 3LABCAB